Sunday, September 18, 2011

Knock, Knock - Anybody Home?

Two years and seven months since I've started this blog and here I am with a whopping two posts. Woo-hoo! Truth be told, there were about a dozen more that made it here and were quickly deleted; or were ready to go but deleted before being posted; or were just too lame to even be considered for posting. Sometimes I find it therapeutic to simply write even though nobody will see it. Pretty sure nobody but the spam bots and and hacker types are looking anyway. But I'm happy to see that my one faithful follower is still hanging on after 2 1/2 years, despite my lack of writing. Thanks, Bob! Sorry I haven't written :/

I've made a decision tonight to really give this the ol' college try and see if I can write enough semi-coherent stuff to put on here. You know, the schtick that doesn't leave you rolling your eyes wondering what the heck I just said. Trust me, my life is not exciting... so I'm pretty sure this blog won't be of interest to many.

While pondering "to write or not to write," I decided that I would be more likely to ... ahem ... actually post the stuff I write if I do it for my own selfish reasons rather than hoping it's something another person would like to read. I have written thousands upon thousands of words, many of which are sitting in my email drafts folder or notepad docs. Every day, I think of new things to write about. There's only so much you can say on Facebook, ya know!

In the end, I hope that posting my disordered musings stops my mind from racing so hard at night, as I try to fall asleep... and that you, dear reader, don't find yourself drifting off to sleep while reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment