Saturday, September 24, 2011

Love & Appreciation

My Uncle Tim passed away unexpectedly in December 2010. It had been years...decades, really...since I'd seen him but I was lucky enough to have reconnected with him via email and Facebook earlier in the year.

Tim was injured in a work accident many years ago which left him paralyzed and forced him to rely on others. I was told of times that he seemed to have all but given up or didn't care. He lived a pretty rough life. I can only imagine what it's like to have to be so dependent on others every day of your life.

But then he got a laptop and it was as if we were witnessing a new person being born. I still smile when I think about how avid a Facebook user he was. Not posting the mundane junk that nobody cares about - he made you think and laugh and enjoy having this tool that allows people to stay connected, despite being thousands of miles away. It makes my heart feel good to know that he had the opportunity to enjoy what ended up being the last part of his short life.

RIP, Tim - you are loved very much and greatly missed.

Take this opportunity to tell someone close to you how much you love and appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment