Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crybabies

A recent visit to my favorite radio station's website tonight reminded me of a blog post I made on MySpace back in August. Thought I would post it here too, though as we all know, the story has since changed and he's become even more of a drama queen since I wrote this......

I've never really been a Packer fan but always liked Brett Favre. He's a good football player. I even teared up a few times listening to his retirement speech. But I tell ya what, he got the cold shoulder he deserved. Over the past few weeks I've rolled my eyes and changed the channel whenever something was on about him. Seriously - he's a frickin' overpaid (crybaby) football player who thinks that he's above having to live with a decision he's made. I'm tired of hearing about it, as I'm sure many people are. Sure, he'll still have supporters...but I'm betting the percentage has dropped drastically every day since this hoopla started.

I had to chuckle at a story I read tonight. This past Sunday, the NFL Commissioner reinstated Favre from the reserve/retired list. Favre hops on a plane and heads to Green Bay for the annual Family Fun Night scrimmage. --BAM!-- No admittance into the locker room or onto the field. I mean really...what did he expect? Oh yeah! He's Brett Favre. He can do anything he damn well pleases. Lesson in humility that day, I'm thinking.

What I'd like to know is what happened to the tearful goodbye; the "We loveeeee Green Bay," "We loveeeeee the Packers," "This is the only team I ever want to play for." No sooner did he sever ties with the Packers Tuesday after two days worth of meetings, and his agent is in talks with the Jets and the Bucs. He should have just left the game on a high note and enjoyed his retirement, spent time with his family as he said he wanted to. Now he's just going to wind up looking like a dumbass. Oh wait. That's already happened.

Good news, though. Everyone who bought up the Sports Illustrated Favre retirement issues will probably be able to start a collection. You know, when he joins another team and retires again.

My apologies to the Packer fans who continue to support Favre. It's nothing personal. I just hate overpaid jocks who piss and moan and can't live with a decision that they themselves have said they put a lot of thought into.

Adios, number 4. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Thanks to 105.7 WAPL and the Rick and Len Show Blog for the perfect picture to put with this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment